Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Nothing Sweeter

Many people know about my nightly routine of tucking each girl into bed and telling them that they're special, important and that I love them.  It's no surprise to the girls either.  They climb into bed, but don't quite tuck themselves under the covers until I'm there to do it.  It's a sweet routine that makes me forget my frustrations of the day.  At the end of the day, they know I will always love them, and they couldn't do anything to change it.

But I'm not the only one with a routine now.  Each morning my alarm goes off at 7:00, and I lay in bed and say, "Good morning, girls." I usually get a couple of groans, or sometimes silence if I haven't spoken loud enough. By the third or fourth, "Good morning, girls," two of my girls are already on their feet making their beds.  After their beds are neatly made, they come over to my bed --where I'm still trying to open my eyes-- and leaning over the bed, they wrap their little arms around me, give me a warm hug and say, "Good morning,  Katie." 

This happens every morning .... and there couldn't be a sweeter way to wake up than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment