Saturday, March 24, 2012

Peace

Our God is God of peace, not a God of chaos.  Over the last week I have been reminded of the simplicity of the Gospel and its truth.  John 14:27 says, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." 

But what does peace look like? Is it reading the Word in a quiet place? Is it having the house clean? Is it knowing there are no storms in your life at this moment? Is it knowing where God wants you in the next chapter of life? 

I've been constantly reminded that our God is a God of peace. "Only worry about ME today," He continually tells me. "Don't worry about when you'll have water, when you'll have time to wash your clothes, when you'll have power to charge your phone. Think about ME. Pursue ME. Live in every moment, or it will pass you by, Katie." 

 "...I do not give to you as the world gives..."

 "Serve ME today, not your selfish desires. Seek MY face for strength, long for ME for clarity. And I, only I, will give you peace."

No comments:

Post a Comment