Monday, April 2, 2012

Big Day Out!

It's Semana Santa here in the Dominican Republic, which means no school!

This week our team decided to send the girls and I to the city for the week to allow our house mom, Yaritza, to rest and have time with her family.  I am staying the week at Joy's house with my three girls, while her family is enjoying much needed family-time at the beach.  It's been a sweet time for me to spend with my girls here!

Today a friend of ours, Maria Eugenia, asked to take me and the girls to lunch.  I made sure the girls were clean and ready to go at noon.  When the time came, the girls could hardly wait.  We piled into the car and Maria Eugenia asked them, "what would you like to eat?" The girls hardly knew how to answer, as just heading out of the house in this city is an adventure for them.  They decided they wanted pizza and fried chicken, and Maria Eugenia knew just the place.

We headed to a club that she is a part of and the girls squealed when they saw the jungle-gym, bikes and animals (turtles, birds and even a crocodile!).  They ran and played, played and ran.

She loves bikes these days!

Maria Eugenia joined the fun!

I just love seeing them so happy, without a worry in the world!
She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. Proverbs 31:25
So sweet.

How did that happen??
After their play-time, we headed in for lunch. The girls were very well behaved, and even tried using their knives as I have been trying to teach them at the school.  They used their 'please' and 'thank you' in English and were excited to drink soda with their chicken and french fries.
Maria Eugenia and I with the '3 princesses,' as she calls them!
The day wouldn't have been complete without loading up on sugar, of course.  So after we headed to find some treats!


Where is she??



And now the three girls are all cuddled up together sleeping after a hard day at play.  Thanks Maria Eugenia for making this day so special for the girls and I!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment